Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Just when you thought it was safe.........

So, Quilt Festival finished three weeks ago now, and I have had a bit of time to myself. I have to ay I have enjoyed it. I've got back into my studio and have had a little fun just playing with fabric, the results of which I have posted. I am looking forward to using these pieces, and have already used some of it in my postcards.

Yemima Lavan, Eti David, Shoshi Rimer, Bella Kaplan, Tamar Drucker and Festival Committee Chair, Cathy Mitchell at the Gala for the Festival.



I make fabric postcards and so far, have a grand total of eight! Not bad in a couple of weeks, I now have to buckle down and make more as I know these won't last long at the Art Emporium. I want to try and build up a stash so that I can keep them topped up rather than rushing to get a batch done in one go, it takes an hour or more to create one, so I have my work cut out for me, but, as they say, theres 24 hours in a day.







So in between doing that, I am already working on Workshops for next years Festival. I have been passed details of various teachers, and I am in the process of going through their proposals with help from two people who's input and opinion I value highly. So, watch this space as they say.......

The husband has been very long suffering lately. I bought a new cook book, The Foods of Israel by Joan Nathan, and have been using him as my guinea pig. So far, he seems to have enjoyed the dishes I have served up. Our Israeli visitors really inspired me, and I have had a lot of fun reading this book as there is a lot of information and a history lesson to boot really. He's pretty adventurous, but not much into rice and stuff, being more a meat and potatoes guy, at the moment he's not sure what is going to be dished up as I like to keep him on his toes.

I have also booked my flight to the UK for August!! I am going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham and will be meeting up with the Quilters Guild of the British Isles to answer any questions and sort some stuff out. I think I am going to have my work cut out for me while I am there as I am hoping to promote next years Festival, Quilts of Great Britain, and, scout out countries for future years. I hope to get a little shopping in at the show, there are one or two suppliers I love to see as I have to internet order otherwise, so will save my shipping. So, as I say, just when you thought it was safe... it all starts again.!




No comments:

Post a Comment