Sunday, July 26, 2015

best laid plans..........

So.... I have been working on the piece, and auditioned fabrics to use....


...and then discarded all but two of them. It's strange that you can work on something, hold the fabrics near, but when you start thinking about cutting them up and using them, they really are not going to work. I kept the fabric in the front which is sort of diamond patterned and the dyed blue velvet on top of it. They do stand out and are quite lush against the background.

So........


..here's where I am so far. I am appliquéing the pieces on, and will darken down the tea dyed cotton piece as it does look a little bright, although I have to say that it is a lot softer in reality. 

The squares are cushions and I have just put a piece of batting behind each one to give it a little more depth. My next task is to work out the base of the ottoman they are on before stitching them all down, at the moment, it is all looking a little flat, and I think I will have to do a little manipulation to make it work.

Stay tuned..........


No comments:

Post a Comment