Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year, new thoughts

Already into 2013 and thinking about what to do next.

 The project I started is not doing so well, but there is room fro improvement and I think it will be ok in the end. I think I rushed it, and didn't give enough thought to what I was trying to do so things haven't been going so well! My first mistake was getting too excited about the fabric and not working on having enough stabilizer to stitch onto, consequently, the piece" bags" in places. I will post a picture of it very soon.

On the upside, it has made me more careful about what I do with the next piece so some good has come out of it!  have a busy week ahead, I am teaching a class on Tuesday in Manipulated Landscapes. I am really looking forward to it very much and have been busy gathering things to take that I think the students might want to use. I hope I will be able to take photos of their work to post at a later date.




I finished this piece a little while ago. I am really pleased with it and it has drawn many compliments.
I seem to be locked into landscapes and will be taking this piece with me on Tuesday to show at the workshop. I also have other projects running through my head, but they will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment