Saturday, September 4, 2010

I am doing the City & Guilds Patchwork and Quilting Course online. It has been put together by Linda and Laura Kemshall, it has been a very enjoyable experience and the support has been wonderful. I started the course in 2008 and am in the process of finishing my Final Assessment piece, It has been slowed down slightly by a bout of Tendonitis, but, as that has almost cleared up, I am now in the process of trying to finish it.
This is a throw for a Sofa, but will probably be hanging on a wall when I have finished as it is quite delicate. I had decided to use Silk to put this piece together, that has also been an experience! I had no idea how difficult it would be, but I am pleased that I have stuck with it and the end result will be lovely. I have used Shiva Paintstiks to paint the centre panel and am Hand Quilting it, something I have not done a lot of and is proving challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment